Spicy, African Vegetable Curry: A Vegan Delight!
I belong to an absolute “curry-eating” household. Our meals are incomplete without a curry. Quite bored of having the same old curries over and over again, I decided that I’d explore a new cuisine. I’d venture into the tastes and flavors of Africa, and boy did I love it!
I made this African Vegetable Curry for dinner one night and it has now become a family favourite! It is packed with flavour from 13 different spices and has a distinct taste truly representing Africa. All I needed to make my curry was the African Spice Blend : “Berbere” and the rest was easy-peasy :D
- Vegetables of your Choice ( I like to use capsicum, beans and potatoes)
- 3 tbspns Onions + ginger + garlic paste
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbspn Berbere
- Salt to taste
- In a pan with hot oil, add the onion + ginger + garlic paste. Sauté it on low flame, careful not to burn.
- After 2 minutes of cooking the paste, add the Berbere. Mix very well and cook the masala until the raw smell goes and it is aromatic.
- Add the coconut milk and mix well. The mixture will turn into a beautiful bright orange color. Add the water too.
- Now, add your veggies and let them sit in the watery curry until they are cooked.
- Keep on medium flame and let the water reduce until the curry boils down to a beautiful thick gravy.
Once the veggies are cooked, serve the curry with some buttered rice and Enjoy a delicious dinner!
PS: You can also substitute the Veggies for any Meat of your choice and cook in the same procedure.