CREAMY AFRICAN SPINACH (Vegan)
Who said that eating greens have to be bland or boring? We are committed to spicing up and elevating the humblest vegetables for your dishes! We cooked Spinach using our fiery African Spice Blend and created a dish that is healthy and packed with flavour. Plus, it is so easy and can be made in 15 minutes only. Once you try this dish, you will not have your spinach any other way!
Recipe (Portions for a single serve, 1 person)
- Spinach (200 gm)
- Coconut Milk (350 ml)
- Garlic minced (6 cloves)
- African Spice Blend (1 teaspoon)
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- In a pan of hot oil, add the minced garlic. Let it brown (careful, don’t let it burn!).
- Once the garlic gets some colour, add the spinach. Mix it well with the garlic.
- You will notice the spinach is wilting and shrinking. At this point, add the coconut milk.
- Add the African Spice Blend and mix well. You will notice an orange tint in the dish à This is all natural, it comes from the paprika and turmeric that are present in the Blend.
- Now let this mixture cook and sit for 5-7 minutes until it looks thick.
- Take it off the heat, when the desired level of thickness is achieved.
That’s it! Creamy African Spinach is ready! We like to pair ours with Buttered Rice. You can even it with bread, roti, naan, or even as a dip with chips. Be creative, keep cooking. Let us know if you have any cool recipes and we would be happy to feature you on Notwithoutsaltt!